Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Curse of the Purse

Project: The Curse of the Purse
This interactive page contains a pouch constructed from fabric, chain and button, which holds a list of the contents of the artist's purse. The clean, yet stimulating design of the pages has much appeal.

Artist: Sherry Pollack


Rather than rely on the vast and tempting array of stickers and other accoutrements that scrapbookers use, we focus on playing with and manipulating art materials. Granted, scrapbookers have some cool stuff, but our use of such materials is selective and minimal. My longest running group admits to having a sickness: we never throw anything away! Oh! I can use that on a page. Or, I can make a stamp/stencil/template/texture, etc. out of that! If we didn’t laugh about it, we would probably cry.

What I bring to the table is a lifetime of familiarity with art materials and processes, an active mind and creative thinking, a love of words, and a sense of fun. This is what I encourage and teach. It’s all about tapping creativity. I have been awarded the title of Muse, and I playfully sign my communiqués: Musingly yours,

1 comment: